We are enormously proud that many of our products are sourced from, and made in, India. It is something that we believe should be celebrated with our customers. Here's why:
Trade for Aid:
As a country still largely reliant on agriculture, India is suffering as a result of its dependence on chemical fertilisers and pesticides. In many areas, crops are failing and farmland has become infertile. We are playing a positive role in reversing this potential disaster. World Organics supports the movement towards community organic farming in India. This movement has led to increasing yields, lower input costs (thanks to the use of traditional products like manure) and, perhaps most importantly of all, real social benefits for Indian communities. These benefits include improved community infrastructures (water, housing, education), higher incomes, and increased cultural harmony. We have established working relationships with organic community farms and we happily pay 10-15% more than the going market rate for the wonderful organic ingredients they supply us.
More than 70% of our gorgeous organic ingredients are sourced from India. It is far more sustainable to manufacture our products in the same country.
State of the Art Manufacturing Plant:
Some of our products are manufactured in a purpose-built, state of the art industrial plant in India. The plant is GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) certified, and one of the few facilities in the world that is mainly solar-powered.
There are a number of very good reasons why we use aluminium tubes with many of our products.
- We are an ethical company, committed to a sustainable, green business model. Aluminium tubes are fully recyclable and thus much kinder to the environment than their plastic counterparts.
- Unlike plastic tubes, aluminium tubes keep the air out, even after they have been opened and squeezed. This helps to preserve the integrity of the product's natural ingredients, guaranteeing that they will retain their therapeutic benefits for longer.
- Because no air can get into the tubes, the wonderful, natural fragrance of our organic herbs and flowers is retained.
- We are further able to protect the product by using food grade lining inside the aluminium tubes to prevent any leaching or contamination.
- The tubes look great and are wonderfully tactile. They are fun to use!
In order to avoid the ever-increasing set of diseases and ailments that afflict modern society, you can help yourself by using certified organic skincare products. Here's why:
The Problem with Synthetic Ingredients:
- Many companies use synthetic ingredients in their products because they are easy and inexpensive to manufacture. However, their concern with the bottom line comes at the expense of your health.
- Strong links have been established between parabens (low cost, commonly used preservatives) and breast cancer.
- Many synthetic agents (like Sodium Lauryl Sulfate) listed in skincare and beauty ranges can also be found in industrial cleaning products.
- Even something as harmless sounding as mineral oil has its dangers. A key ingredient in baby oils, mineral oil is a petroleum by-product that coats the skin like plastic, inhibiting the skin's ability to eliminate toxins and various skin disorders.
Natural and Organic is Better:
- Recent studies have indicated that we respond instinctively to natural, organic products. Our bodies recognize them and accept them more willingly than synthetic ingredients.
- The skin is the body's largest organ. It provides a direct filter to our bloodstream and internal organs. Effectively, whatever we put on our skin, we are putting inside us.
- World Organic's products are more than 99+% natural in their origin. Our core aim is to offer our customers products that not only smell and feel great, but which are good for them. Thus, when we design our formulations, we always have in mind the therapeutic qualities of the ingredients we choose.
- Greenwashing is the practice of making an unsubstantiated claim about the environmental or natural benefits of a product. It happens often because much of the cosmetics industry remains unregulated.
- A product which claims to be natural might only contain 1% natural ingredients. Customers can protect themselves by reading the ingredients listed on the packaging and by looking for certification stamps.
We are immensely proud that World Organics is a pioneer in the use of supercritical extraction technology. This technology is a breakthrough in herbal extraction; the cleanest, purest way to extract a plant's value and deliver it to your skin. We explain below why it adds such tremendous value to our products and separates us from our competition:
What is Supercritical Extraction?
Unlike many other extraction techniques, supercritical extraction is not reliant on chemical solvents to extract a plant's nutrients. Instead, it makes use of a natural compound: compressed carbon dioxide (CO2). This is a harmless natural gas found in the air we breathe and absorbed by plants all around us. The supercritical extraction process involves using this natural gas (CO2), which is compressed until it is a semi-liquid. Working at low temperatures, it is then 'washed through' the plant or herb, collecting all of its key nutritive compounds.
What Difference Does It Make?
The difference supercritical extractions make to World Organics ranges is incredibly meaningful. It allows us to get the maximum nutritional and beauty benefits of the whole plant - literally thousands of important compounds - and not just an isolated chemical constituent. Equally important, the extracts are extremely concentrated as they are full extractions, including essential oils as well as other water-soluble and fat-soluble substances from the plants we use. The end product is an extract that is all-natural, wonderfully pure, and super potent (in fact our extracts are often more than 50 times stronger than conventional extracts!).
What Does This Mean For Our Customers?
What this means for our customers is a product that delivers the full spectrum (and benefits) of nature's powerful phytonutrients straight to their skin. Our products don't just smell, look and feel great, they also offer a breakthrough in high quality, therapeutic, organic skincare.